1. Indian Administrative Service (IAS): The IAS officer’s job is the most respected position in India, which most professionals crave for. If you manage to bag the job of an IAS officer, you can enjoy the best privileges offered by the Indian Government like power, prestige, great accommodation facility, health benefits etc. In order to become an IAS officer, you need to possess a degree from an Indian university for which you will be eligible to appear for Union public Service Commission, UPSC’s civil service examination, which you need to clear, to bag the position.
2. Indian Revenue Service (IRS): Indian Revenue Service requires professionals to deal with matters regarding Income Tax. In the beginning of their career, professionals opting for this field of work are designated as the Assistant Commissioners of Income Tax, but later they may get promoted to the level of Chief Commissioners of Income Tax. This position also requires applicants to clear UPSC’s civil service examination. However, the best part of this job is that you can expect better locations for posting. Moreover, there is lesser political hassle as compared to the IAS officer’s post.
3. State public service commission: If you prefer to work in an administrative position in your home state, then what could be better than this job, as it will give you a golden opportunity to work in your home state? You also need to clear UPSE examination to work in this field of work. The job is quite commendable, as although the job places you below the position of IAS and IPS officers’ position still you can work hard and reach the positions reserved for IAS and IPS officers.
4. Indian engineering service in Indian railways: Keep in mind that every year the UPSC conducts recruitment test for the four categories of Engineering services like Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics and telecommunication Engineering. The selected applicants in this test can work as Indian railway engineers. Apart from acquiring power with responsibility, these engineers can enjoy ultra-facilities extended to them by the Indian Government.
5. NDA/CDS: If you aspire to serve the Indian Arm Forces, then you must opt for this field of work, which is considered as the most desirable job that is sure to fetch you better life style, class, money and not to be forgotten, prestige.
6. Lecturer: Are you more inclined in teaching field? If yes, then working as a lecturer in Governme nt universities and colleges is the best career option for you, as this job is sure to earn you respect, facilities and of course you can expect to get less work in this field of work. It is reported that the sixth pay commission have increased very high salaries for government college lecturers.
7. PSU Jobs: Based on your educational qualifications you can also apply for jobs in public sector companies like Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL), Bharat Electronics (BEL), Oil India, Indian Oil Corporation, Steel Authority of India (SAIL) etc. For this you need to pass the written test and an oral interview.
8. Bank Probationary officer: The Indian banking and financial system is quite sound, therefore the worlds other countries are trying to learn lessons from India’s disciplined system of Banking. The magnificent growth of the banking sector has brought many opportunities for Indian professionals. The best one amongst them is to work as a Bank Probationary officer. It is quite a respectable job, where you can get an opportunity to interact with several people. Apart from that you will also get a sophisticated culture, which is very different from ordinary looking government offices.
9. Indian Police Service (IPS): This job is quite challenging and hectic; moreover you are required to be physically fit in order to bag this job. One needs to qualify in civil service examination in order to become an IPS officer. I.P.S officers work for both the Central and State Governments. You will be responsible for public safety and security if you opt to work as an IPS officer.
10. Indian forest service: In- order to apply for Indian forest service you need to have a bachelor’s degree with subjects like animal husbandry and veterinary science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology. This is one of the coolest government jobs, which will require you to manage and protect the forest wealth.